Let me begin by thanking the very inspirational Luccia Gray (Rereading Jane Eyre) who has nominated me for this award. I have admired her writing since I started blogging here and I think it is something of a responsibility to maintain her very high standards.
These are the things that I am supposed to do:
1. Thank and link the amazing person(s) who nominated you. CHECK
2. List the rules and display the award. CHECK
3. Share seven facts about yourself. CHECK
4. Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated. CHECK
5. Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you. CHECK
Now moving onto myself, these are some things I would like to share:
- I am actually the female version of Clark Kent/ Superman. Nah! But, I do have two sides to me – the one that dresses every morning in the perfectly ironed formal attire and goes to office working in a managerial position in an import-export house and the other one whom you know as Urbandementria who flies with her wings of words in a world of imagination and loves nothing more than to write, read, and procrastinate. However, my duality cannot be explained by my zodiac sign because I am not a Gemini. I am a Virgo.
- I might be considered over-qualified by some, though I believe actual education has nothing to do with qualifications. However, I do have two Masters Degrees – the first in English Literature and the second in Business Administration owing, no doubt, to the two different sides to my personality.
- I have dappled with a lot of jobs in my lifetime. I have worked as an English Language Instructor, a teacher in a school, a Relationship Manager in a bank and currently an Export Manager.
- I like visiting new places and have stayed in different parts of my country. I was born in a very small town called Bandel, went to Kolkata to pursue my college education and currently staying in the beautiful city of Hyderabad. But, I have never travelled outside India.
- My love for writing started from the time when I was a student of Class Five, and my English teacher gave us an assignment to write an Autobiography of a tree. Not sure what to write, I approached my father. He explained it so well that I still remember every word of what he said. And from that very assignment began my love affair with composing things.
- I am an avid listener of music and am trained in Indian Classical music as a singer. However, I love listening to all kinds of music, especially rock music. I share this love with my two siblings, a younger brother and a younger sister, and whenever the three of us are at home, we love jamming together, much to the horror of my mother who doesn’t appreciate the loudness of our music.
- I eventually want to write and travel the whole world, meeting different people and getting to know different cultures. Yes, that is my dream.
I guess that is enough about me. Now, I want to share with you the 12 bloggers that I have chosen to nominate for the Award of Very Inspiring Blogger. I was supposed to nominate 15 bloggers but since I am new to blogging, I could manage to shortlist only 12.
- cyril bussiere – for inspiring me to improve my writing with his beautiful writing and pictures
- The Artistic Christian – for surprising me with his blogs
- K R Jefferson – for his fresh view of the world
- Journey in the Woods – for her courage to face a difficult situation
- Mara Eastern’s Personal Blog – for her unique take on topics and making me laugh
- Cogito Ergo Mum – who seems to be a kindred spirit
- becoming a family – who inspires me with her beautiful free-flowing writing
- epheMERAki – for sharing her amazing culture
- verbalising – because I love reading her ruminations
- wandering story teller – for her honest take on life
- That Saucy Tart – for being so originally “saucy” and being unapologetic about it
- Behold the Infinite – for her beautifully descriptive pieces
Each of them has a different story to tell and a different perspective of things. But, I enjoy reading their blogs and I hope you will too. Cheers 🙂